Obviously, social media is one of the finest tools to generate online leads. According to Mick Hollison, the CMO at InsideSales.com, a provider of cloud-based sales automation and predictive analytics for inside sales professionals, “there is a lot of buzz surrounding social media.”An extensive research on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest suggests these SNS are not very effective at generating quality sales leads. He says, executive events, webinars, search marketing and telemarketing prove more useful but are underutilized. Actually, they must be used more to generate leads for my business. Trade shows and webinars work perfectly for specific enterprises. As a matter of fact, a large number of businesses are hugely dependent on LinkedIn and Facebook. Surveys and researches also confirm that one method does not fit all when it comes to online lead generation.
Anyway, you do not need to worry about the most important question, how to generate leads online? On the basis of several tests and strategies, leading market experts found some effective ways to fetch the expected results. The list includes:
1. Customer referrals – These are an organization’s best friend. “There is nothing better than getting a sales lead from a happy customer,” says JR Rodrigues, CEO, NetCablesPlus.
2. SEO, SEM and PPC – “The best way (in terms of lowest cost per acquisition) for an IT company or a service-based B2B company to generate leads is through pay per click (PPC) and search engine optimization (SEO),” says Gabriel Shaoolian, the CEO and founder of digital agency Blue Fountain Media.
3. Cross-promotions and co-marketing – Consider forming “alliances with complementary, noncompetitive vendors to exchange leads, promote each others’ products and services, or any number of other mutually beneficial activities,” suggests Rodrigues.
4. Providing contact details on every website page – “With search engines being such an important driver of inbound website traffic, you can’t always predict where people are going to enter your website,” notes Jonathan Bentz, marketing manager, Netrepid, a provider of professional services. “Having your contact info on every page of your website increases the likelihood that people will contact you.”
5. Live chat – “We added a live chat box to the website and generated a request for quote the very first night!” says Bentz. “I can’t stress how important that was for a proof of concept, especially since most IT pros are looking for fast answers without possibly getting stuck on the phone with a pushy sales person.”
It is important for every businessman to keep in mind that marketing strategies keep taking new shape with the course of time. So, it is advised to use them as soon as possible in order to enjoy the expected results. Without doing so, you might remain behind in race in comparison with counterparts.